Public Prosecution Department provides Legislation, policy formulation and planning for Public Prosecution Service. It deals with grant of sanction for filing appeals against acquittals / petitions for enhancement of sentence / writ petitions in criminal misc. matters / petitions for cancellation of bails and criminal petitions for leave to appeal in the appellate courts.
- Support in Legislation & Policy Formulation
- Prosecution in Criminal Litigation on behalf of State
- Administrative and Development Planning for service delivery
- Human Resource Development and Capacity Building
- To ensure tha PCPS, PCPSI, CPD, and PLA work and perform functions in accordance with Law & Standards
- Legal Aid to indigent accused persons in criminal matters